Basic Freediving Safety Program – Kauai High School, Lihue (FULL)
This course is full but our waiting list is open and its not unusual to receive last minute cancellations.
Team: Jonathan Barretto, Neil Tyagi, Daniel Gillen, Tyler Roberts, Crystal Okamoto and Niki Stepanek
This is a one day program teaching you how to:
- Ensure you and your diving buddy come home alive
- Freedive/spearfish following standardized safety protocals
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a freediving related hypoxic event
- Effectively manage a freediving related hypoxic event
- Minimize the chance of freediver blackout or LMC (loss of motor control)
- Be a Safe! buddy for your friends and family members
Saturday, September 24th, 2022
8:45am – Student Intake at Kauai High School
9:00am – 12pm – Classroom Instruction
12:00pm – 1:00pm – Break
1:00pm – 4pm – Practical Safety Training and Final Course Overview
What to bring:
- Mask, fins, snorkel, full length wetsuit, weight belt, weights, pen and paper (we can provide anything you don’t have, just let us know!) All items are mandatory for attendance.
Minimum age to attend:
- 12-years-old or older (12-17 year olds require both parents/guardians to complete the Liability Release and Medical Release)
- Classroom will be hosted at Kauai High School, Lihue
- Practical Session will be hosted at Kauai High School, Lihue
- Upon completion students will receive a certificate of completion with the option of taking a short knowledge test for the FII Basic Freediving Safety certification.
- Due to limited positions, all participants must pre-register.
Contact Niki Stepanek at email@example.com