Basic Freediving Safety Program – Kona (FULL)
**This program has reached FULL CAPACITY. Please email email@example.com to go on the waiting list for future dates or fill out the “Register” form and we’ll add you to the waiting list.**
Instructor Team: Martin Stepanek and Heidi Hoover.
This is a four hour program teaching you how to:
- Ensure you and your diving buddy come home alive
- Freedive/spearfish following standardized safety protocals
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a freediving related hypoxic event
- Effectively manage a freediving related hypoxic event
- Minimize the chance of freediver blackout or LMC (loss of motor control)
- Be a Safe! buddy for your friends and family members
- 2 hrs classroom
- 2 hrs confined water (pool or sheltered ocean setting)
What to bring:
- Mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, pen and paper (we can provide anything you don’t have, just let us know!)
Minimum age to attend:
- 12-years-old or older
- Kona Honu Divers – www.konahonudivers.com
- Upon completion students will receive a certificate of completion with the option of taking a short knowledge test for the FII Basic Freediving Safety certification.
- Due to limited positions, all participants must pre-register.
Covid-19 Program Precautions:
- Group is limited to a maximum of 10 people.
- Programs are adapted to ensure social distancing and safety are a priority.
- All students must complete a Covid-19 questionnaire before attending.